Namaste Hot Yogi’s ~
All you practitioners in any heated or hot yoga environments most likely use a towel, chances are you have multiple. People have, not just 1 or 2, regular yogis own many – and they are and must be washed after every use. Some are cheap, and some, not so much – especially for what you get (ranging from $20-$70)! Simply put you only need 1 ridgeback® yoga rug.
So what up with micro-plastics?
There are serious environmental concerns about microfiber products entering the oceanic food chain similar to other micro-plastics. A study by Patagonia clothing and University of California, Santa Barbara, found that when synthetic jackets made of microfibers are washed, on average 1.7 grams (0.060 oz) of microfibers are released from the washing machine. These microfibers then travel to local wastewater treatment plants, where up to 40% of them enter into rivers, lakes, and oceans where they contribute to the overall plastic pollution. Microfibers account for 85% of man-made debris found on shorelines worldwide.
The quick summary:
Microfiber environmental concerns:
- Enter the oceanic food chain similar to other micro-plastics.
- When washed, microfibers travel to local wastewater treatment plants.
- Up to 40% of microfibers enter into rivers, lakes, and oceans.
- Microfibers account for 85% of man-made debris found on shorelines worldwide.
What does that have to do with my Yoga Towel?
The leading brand and all other ubiquitous yoga towels that you see in every studio are made up of microfiber!
ridgeback® yoga rug is the solution - why?
- No microfiber - eco friendly
- 100% cotton woven base
- Acts as a super sweat absorber
- Adds as a tactile grip
- Contributes to the rug’s weight & inability to move through the entire practice
- Ethically Artisan hand woven & in India
- Sustainable EPDM rubber gripper cord - to aid in grip & for the rug to stay put
- Ripstop water resistant pocket pouch to store your valuables safely
- You only need one!
- No need to wash after every use - even from the sweatiest of practices
- Hang dry by the built in drishti grommet on any standard hook to dry after each use
- Machine washable after 10+ uses - only because of our lotions/oils - NO STINK
- Did I mention NO STINK!
Help our planet and get your hot yoga on - ridgeback yoga rug, you only need the #1.