Are our yoga rugs covered by a manufacturer's warranty?
Yes. Each rug we sell comes with a manufacturer's warranty. This warrants the rug against manufacturing defects in workmanship or materials for a 6 month period from the date of the original purchase. ridgeback® will repair or replace, at its discretion, the rug without charge. Normal wear and tear is not warranted. Proof of original purchase is required.
What is not covered by a warranty?
Normal wear and tear is not warranted. In addition, there are outside elements that may affect your rug's appearance over time. Many of these conditions are not covered under the manufacturer's warranty. These conditions are normal and are not considered manufacturing defects. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Differences in color and texture from one rug to another
- Roll marks from shipping that will disappear with use.
- Seam peaking from rolling the rug that will disappear with reverse rolling
- Shedding, which will decrease and stop after typically 1 or 2 washes.
- Highlighting and shading from laying out or drying in direct sunlight.
- Normal sprouting, pulls or loss of single tufts of fiber
- Exposure to sunlight, humidity, heat, detergents or atmospheric gases
- Improper maintenance, including use of the vacuum, don't do that.
- Damage caused by pets
- Improper cleaning. Hand wash or machine wash gentle. Hang dry or tumple dry low.
- EPDM cord loops appearing on the rug over time.
All hand-made rugs exhibit some degree of shedding. This is normal and not a manufacturer's defect. The EPDM (rubber) cord may show loops in the weft after extended use or washing. This is not covered under warranty but rather natural wear and tear due to the nature of hard use for practicing yoga.